The time and effort spent between a new accountant or bookkeeper starting work and confidently assigning them to perform accounting activities is among the most valuable measurement in determining whether a recruitment exercise was a success.
Accountests exists to support you in recruiting candidates capable of operating at skill levels essential to success within your organisation by adding a valuable layer to your selection process in determining candidates' technical skills.
We have yet to meet a recruiting manager or business owner who hasn't made a past mistake of recruiting someone who turned out not to possess the technical skills and knowledge essential in the job and claimed on their CV. The average cost of recovering from a recruiting a poor accountant is £63,000*, and for a Bookkeeper £54,000*. That's an expensive mistake, and an avoidable mistake when a £100 solution was at your fingertips.
*The UK Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD) place the cost of recovering a bad hire at 143% of the annual salary of the job. In the Robert Half 2014 Accounting & Finance Salary Guide, the Median Accountant Salary is £44,000 and the Median Bookkeeper Salary £37,500
Improve your recruitment effectiveness by:
- Identifying top candidates and eliminate poor performers early in the selection process
- Making timely, informed and cost-effective selection decisions
- Identifying training and development priorities to target in getting new recruits up to speed
- Making informed salary offers based on current accounting skills & knowledge, with objective salary progression based on skills & knowledge acquisition
- Compare your candidate performance against norm-groups of other UK accountants and bookkeepers
- Instant access and test report generation. Have your report within an hour from now!
- Using tests which are validated, reliable, country specific and updated annually by accounting experts