Cost Accountant Test
The Cost Accountant Test is an international test designed for assessing candidates whose position will include providing cost accounting support to their organisation. The test assumes a level of skill and competency that would normally be held by an accountant who is a member of their professional body, including but not limited to CIMA / CGMA, CPA (USA), ICAEW (UK), CAANZ (Australia and New Zealand), ISCA (Singapore), ICAI (India), ACCA or similar. This test is also applicable to those with qualifications in accounting, or those without formal qualifications, but significant work experience in cost accounting.
The test is applicable across any English speaking country and tests core cost accounting skills without reference to individual country legislative requirements.
The test covers four core cost accounting activities:
- Variances - identifying, calculating and interpreting production variances
- Implementation – costing methods and terminology
- Practical Issues – dealing with real costing issues
- Accounting – recording costing analysis including an understanding of IFRS
The report received will enable the recruiting manager to gain insight into a candidate's skills and knowledge in each of these four activities, as well as a comparative overall score and performance against a norm group of other cost accountants. You can also identify a candidate's performance in the activities most relevant to your vacant role.
- Time to complete = 30 minutes
- Number of Questions = 40
- Question Levels – Basic = 12, Intermediate = 16, Advanced = 12
- Questions per topic – Variances = 10, Costing Theory = 10, Practical Questions = 10, Accounting for Inventory = 10
"I first used Accountests products about a year ago and have seen first-hand a correlation between high performing candidates in the test being appraised as high performers in the workplace a year later.
The products are extremely user-friendly and cover all the basic fundamental areas of accounting that you would want to explore in making hiring decisions. Both the candidates sitting the tests, myself as the reviewer and my clients agreed that they hit the mark and make hiring decisions much easier."
Adam Napper, Senior Talent Advisor, Consult Accounting & Finance Recruitment, Auckland, NZ